Top 6 Headlights Designs Overview
Headlamps were first added to cars back in 1904 as a simple safety feature, but today with custom headlights, off road lights, and innovative OEM lights, headlights have become as much a work of art as they are a safety necessity. That’s particularly true of the headlight designs on these six vehicles from 2015, which are exceptionally stylish:
- 2015 Ford Mustang. Although some Mustang fans complained the three diagonal accent LED headlights on this year’s model were too much of a break from the conventional look of the beloved pony car, the additional lights match the taillights perfectly and complement the grille.
- 2015 Lexus RC F. The 2015 Lexus RC F more than earns its place on the top of any countdown of stylish headlight designs, with its L-shaped LED headlights. Always illuminated, these DLRs look like lightning bolts striking, and make the sports luxury vehicle really stand out.
- 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder. Instead of one solid primary headlight, the Porsche 918 Spyder features four super bright round LEDs that seem to hover inside of the headlamp housing. At night, the effect is simply breathtaking, and it really separates the 918 Spyder from the crowd, by eliminating the traditional “eyes” that you expect to see on the front end of a vehicle.
- 2015 Mercedes-Benz E-Class. Owners who paid for the optional lighting package on the luxury E-Class get the benefit of two C-shaped LED lights that add a modern dimension to the vehicle.
- 2015 Ford F-150. The optional lighting upgrade on the 2015 Ford F-150 is more than worth the money! The addition of the U-bar LED halo headlights to the front end of the pickup truck makes the F-150 ruggedly chic. The outer amber tube lights match the rest of the headlamps perfectly.
- 2015 Volvo XC90. The engineers at Volvo truly thought outside of the box, and even the sphere when creating the headlamps for the 2015 Volvo XC90. The T- shaped headlights, combined with the otherwise minimalistic front end of the vehicle, has a striking effect that has everyone looking twice.
A number of other vehicles could have easily made it onto a longer list, like the 2015 Bentley Mulsanne, with its mini halo headlights, or the 2015 Ferrari FXX K, with its sleek horizontal slit super bright headlights. With so many innovative designs on the market this year, it’s exciting to think of what top automakers will have instore for us on their 2016 lineups. For more information, see other beautiful lights.