Comparison: Honda vs Maruti
Honda and Maruti are two major players in the passenger car market. While Maruti Suzuki is the largest carmaker of India, Japanese brand Honda Cars ranks fourth. In the past year both, Maruti and Honda have posted double digit growth in domestic market sales. With popular models like Honda Amaze and Maruti Baleno, Dzire competing head-to-head, both these carmakers are optimistic about their hold in the market. Honda believes that with the growing per capita income of people in India, the market is moving towards premium cars. Honda luxury cars in India are expected to see a boost with this changing trend. Maruti, on the other hand, has vehicles across all segments from compact vehicles to sedans. Their variety in range of cars has been successful in making a place in the hearts of people. The Maruti Alto 800 is the best-selling family hatchback car in India.
In the compact sedan segment of both companies, two models are quite popular – the Honda Amaze and Maruti Swift Dzire.
Honda Amaze vs Maruti Swift Dzire
- The Honda Amaze New generation has a lot of new features added to it. As it is competing against models like Swift Dzire, Honda has updated the model in terms of styling and design. Car enthusiasts can choose between petrol and diesel variants of both these models.
- Both cars are quite feature rich and stand well against each other. Amaze has the biggest cabin space in comparison to all cars in this segment.
- When comparing the fuel tanks and range the car can cover, Dzire has a bigger fuel tank than Amaze. It also has an additional torque of 3nM.
- With the new Amaze, Honda has introduced a feature rich car, a significant change from previous models of Amaze. The new style LED tail lights, alloy wheels, LED position infotainment system, parking sensors and more make this model feature-rich. It does not have features like automatic headlamps and a leather-wrapped steering wheel that are present in Dzire.
- In case of Honda Amaze Diesel, the claimed mileage is 27.4 kmpl. Honda has added auto transmission with both engines, making the car powerful and stable. In case of Maruti Dzire Diesel, the claimed mileage is 28.4 kmpl.
- Competing in the compact sedan segment, the monetary difference is quite low between these models. The all new Amaze has a starting cost of 5.59 lakh. The highee end variant is around Rs. 8.99 lakh.
In case of Dzire, the range starts at Rs. 5.56 lakh with the highest variant priced at 9.43 lakh.
Choosing between the new Honda Amaze and Maruti Swift Dzire can be tough! Both these models are truly value-for-money compact sedans.